Export members from multiple groups

General Discussion about LDAP Administrator

Moderator: Support

Export members from multiple groups

Postby primension » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:18 am

Hi,

I’m using the LDAP Administrator to export all members from a security group to an excel file and my question is.
Is possible to somehow select more than one group and export all members from the different groups in to one or multiple files?

My second question, is it possible to change the default "Attribute set" to one of my favorite templates?

Thank you for a great program!
primension

Re: Export members from multiple groups

Postby Support » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:54 am

Hello,

If your members have memberOf attribute, you can try to use Directory Search for this purpose. First, you need to define LDAP filter, to find all members of desired groups, e.g.:
Code: Select all
(|(memberOf=group1,DC=groups,DC=company,DC=com)(memberOf=memberOf=group2,DC=groups,DC=company,DC=com))

Second, you need to select all found members and perform the export operation (select members, then right click and from a context menu select All Tasks-> Export Data ...).

According to the second question, yes, you can define, which attributes should be exported. On the LDAP Settings page of the Export Data Wizard, there is a block Attribute Set. Using the Edit button in this block, you can define, which attributes should be exported. Also, you can save the specified attribute set as a template for future exports.
Support

Postby primension » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:35 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. With this search I can export every user within the groups I define I the filter.
If I e.g, search for users within 10 groups It will list all off them In the search results. My next problem is to separate them, which member belongs to which group. If I add "groupMembership" to the Attributes it will include all the groups which that user is a member of.
primension

Postby Support » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Unfortunately, it's not possible.
If you need to perform this operation regularly for the constant groups, you can try to use laimex.exe tool for this purpose.
For examlple, you can create batch file (.bat), that runs laimex.exe tool that, at first, exports members of a group1 to the group1_members.csv file and then, exports members of a group2 to the group2_members.csv file.
Code: Select all
laimex.exe /s company.com:389 /user Administrator /pwd [password] /d CSV /f "group1_members.csv" /r "DC=company,DC=com"  /t (memberOf=group1,DC=groups,DC=company,DC=com)
laimex.exe /s company.com:389 /user Administrator /pwd [password] /d CSV /f "group2_members.csv" /r "DC=company,DC=com"  /t (memberOf=group2,DC=groups,DC=company,DC=com)

More information about the laimex.exe tool you can get from this article.
Support

Return to General Discussion